Five Tips To Maintain Your Summer Glow – Inside & Out
With fall in full swing, now is the time to ensure you are religiously maintaining your skincare and beauty regime with a few seasonal updates to carry you through the colder months. Here are our top 5 inside-out beauty tips to help you keep that ethereal summer glow all year round!
1. Shed Your Layers. A good facial exfoliant can help remove dead skin cells from your face and body. This is critical as the weather gets cooler as this is the time when dry skin cells tend to proliferate. There is no need to scrub too hard – a gentle exfoliant will do the trick. If you are after a natural product that works immediately to brighten and soften the skin, our & Desert Lime Flawless Micro-Exfoliant is the product for you. This is a product that I will demonstrate to alleviate any concerns about how "quick" natural products work as the results are visible after on application. This exfoliant is a softening and skin smoothing polish which uses coconut oil as a base. Its multi-active exfoliators including Wattle Seed and Rice Strawberry fruit extracts which boost skin radiance and enhance skin renewal.
2. Slather Up! Oil based moisturisers are wonderful at protecting your skin from moisture loss. Whilst serums providing active ingredients to plump and firm the skin, a lotion is needed to seal in moisture and provide a barrier to protect the skin. Our No. 4 Vanilla Silk Hydrating Lotion is abundant in fatty acids along with Vitamins A and E from Coconut oil, Camellia Seed Oil and Cacao Butter. Our & Coco Bliss Intensive Repair Creme is a thicker cream, which is ultra-hydrating and absorbent but suited to more dehydrated skin or use as a night cream, providing ultimate repair and restoration.
3. Glamorous Hands. Do not forget to give your hands some love. One of our favourite tricks for ensuring our hands are kept looking youthful is to lather them with coconut oil or olive oil or better still our Precious Sea Hand Saviour. It is as easy as lathering the cream or oil onto your hands, popping on a pair of cotton gloves and waking up with ultra-hydrated and youthful hands.
4. Eat to Glow. Our most effective internal glow generators in the cooler months include flaxseed oil, avocados, hemp seeds, chia seeds and coconut oil. These foods are abundant in fatty acids which work to nourish and hydrate the skin from the inside out.
5. Drink to Glow. We need to be mindful of ensuring we have adequate fluid intake as the weather starts get cooler. However you can literally drink in a healthy glow. Carry a water bottle with you wherever you go, at the office have decanter filled with mint, ginger and lemon leaves and at home revel in herbal teas. Licorice, cleavers, calendula, burdock root are all wonderful for healing the skin and balancing hormones for a beautiful glow. They feature in No. 4 Golden Glow Beauty Tea or try our No.3 Sleeping Beauty blend which makes for the perfect end to a cosy night in and radiance boosting slumber. You can also incorporate superfood packed Wellness Supplements to add a beautifying boost to liquids, including brewing with warm plant-based milk latte style!
Leave a comment