Why We Love Wildcrafted Snowflower Seed
If you have been following us for some time you would know that we LOVE Australian wildcrafted extracts and their unique ability to ramp up the antioxidant profile of your skincare routine. One of the therapeutic wildcrafted natives we frequently in our products is called the Snowflower Seed. Derived from the tea tree species, this is a unique botanical producing beautiful white fluffy flowers with an abundance of beauty-loving vitamins.
Snowflower Seed is a must-have ingredient in your skincare regime as it:
- Reduces Pigmentation. Strong anti-inflammatory actions and an abundance of vitamin C means the Snowflower Seed works wonders at targeting age spots and pigmentation. Kaempferol, a flavonoid glycoside present in Snowflower Extract also provides depigmentation and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Enhances Collagen Production. The Snowflower is abundant in a specific type of antioxidant called catechins which are 100 times more potent than vitamin C and 25 times more potent than vitamin E. These catechins work to enhance collagen production, improve skin hydration and increase and restore the luminosity of the skin after sun exposure.
- Brightens & Reduces Redness. Vitamin C along with Quercetin, found in the Snowflower Extract, reduces histamine production thereby reducing inflammation, working to brighten the skin, reduce redness and reduce skin sensitivity.
- Protects Against Photo-Ageing. Quercetin is a potent antioxidant which neutralises free radicals and reduces some of the damage they cause. Catechins and Kaempferol glycosides also inhibit skin photoaging induced by UV radiation which makes the Snowflower Extract a potent anti-ageing and photo-protective ingredient.
You will find the Snowflower Seed in our:
- Snowflower Illuminating Face Oil. This product is for you if you are experiencing dull, dry and lackluster skin. This formula is 100% organic and contains 100% Australian-derived ingredients including the Snowflower Seed, Emu Apple Seed and Kakadu Plum Seed Oils. This synergy of vitamin C rich botanicals makes this a very potent, brightening and collagen enhancing face oil.
- Precious Sea Hand Saviour. A saviour for hands that are looking weathered and line-filled this product combines brightening Snowflower Seed, Mangosteen and Parsley Seed extracts along with ultra hydrating shea and cocoa butter. A must have for every hand bag!
- Sleeping Beauty Purifying Mousse. This sleep mask is for you if you are experiencing hormonal breakouts, redness and fine lines. Our pink clay mask is not only purifying and hormone balancing, it is also wonderful for brightening the skin, addressing inflammation and plumping and firming the skin.
One of the key benefits of wildcrafted ingredients is that they are found growing in some of the most remote and untouched parts of the world. In this case of our skincare range, this is Australia. This means they have a very rare antioxidant profile. Their exposure to near-constant and extremely harsh conditions forces them to develop a highly efficient self‐defence mechanism in order to survive. This defence mechanism is created in the form of an abundant and diverse range of antioxidants that protect the plant but provide us with a powerhouse of unique nutrients which nourish the skin. This means we are provided with incredibly powerful anti-ageing ingredients which protect our skin from external and internal damage whilst also repairing and rejuvenating our skin.
I love herbal and natural products. I suffer from Rosacea and have used a synthetic chemically produced oil in the past with some benefit. This natural oil produced in Australia from our own vast array of natural bush ingredients sounds like a product I must try. Where might I purchase it please?
Lynneeta Darmody on Oct 12, 2020
Leave a comment