Beauty Foods for Radiant Skin
Healthy skin is more than just skin deep. Targeted nutrition and drinking plenty of water are crucial to keeping your complexion in tip-top shape.
- Up your antioxidant intake: Antioxidants work on both the inside and outside to protect the body against damage. Top antioxidant-rich foods include Macqui Berry, Kakadu Plum and Hibiscus Powder which you will find in our Native Collagen Powder.
- Eat more healthy fats: Essential fatty acids are a key component of the skin’s intercellular matrix. Incorporate omega-rich foods like avocados, flax and walnuts into your daily diet. Not only are they tasty, but they help lock in moisture to keep your skin firm, plump and supple. Did you know linoleic acid plays an important role in the skin’s own synthesis of ceramide, a lipid that’s important for keeping barrier function intact. Bonus: Omegas boost brain and heart health.
- Keep your liver healthy: Making sure the body is ridding itself of toxins and free radicals is the key to combating damage. Load up on dandelion, cruciferous veggies, turmeric and lemons. Take our Beauty Detox Shot daily and sip on our No.1 Green Goddess Detox throughout the day for a hit of liver-loving herbs.
- Increase vitamin A and C: Eating a vitamin-rich diet can actually slow down the ageing process. Sweet potatoes, kale, spinach, papaya and melon are great sources of vitamin A. Rev up your vitamin C with Kakadu Plum, Macqui Berry and Hibiscus which you will find in our Native Collagen Powder.
- Pack in protein: Become conscious of your protein intake. Fill your plate with plant-based sources such as hemp seeds, legumes, nuts and seeds. Adequate protein levels ensure you have the building blocks for optimal collagen production and skin repair.
- Drink more H20: Aim to guzzle at least 2 litres of water daily. You can add lemon juice and chlorophyll to improve hydration. Non-caffeinated, herbal tea like our No.4 Golden Glow Tea is another great option.
One of my favourite recipes for radiant skin is this delicious Buddha Beauty Bowl!
Leave a comment