The Beauty of Australian Native Extracts
If you have been following Edible Beauty for some time you will know that we are incredibly passionate about using an abundance of pure, wildcrafted Australian ingredients in our products. Found growing in remote and untouched territories in Australia these plants are bursting with antioxidants and raise the therapeutic levels of our natural skincare to new heights. Below are a few reasons why we love these Australian beauties in our products.
- Super Antioxidants
Southern Cross University of Australia has undertaken extensive studies to determine the active compounds and benefits of Australian natives. Using chromatography and techniques which analyse the chemical constituents of plants, they have been able to reveal the incredible nature of the bio-actives compounds contained within Australian natives.
The harsh conditions and extreme temperatures present in parts of Australia where these plants grow is thought to be responsible for the plants producing extraordinarily, potent levels of bio-active ingredients. The levels of anti-oxidants found in these plants have more than exceeded the expectations of researchers with these plants found to contain extremely high levels of key anti-ageing compounds, including vitamin A, C and E and other antioxidants. Some of these extracts boast more than 50 to 100 times the antioxidant activity of Vitamin C and E!
For this reason I refer to Australian natives as “supercharged’ antioxidants - they differ to traditional free radical scavenging activity found in your standard blueberries and pomegranates. This means that the extracts have superior anti-ageing, protective and hydrating skincare benefits with the below skincare applications
- Enhance collagen production and skin cell turnover
- Lighten and brighten the skin
- Improve skin hydration and skin texture
- Enhance skin, wound and scar healing
- Provide anti-microbial support to combat acne
- Reduce photo-sensitivity and protect against UV damage
- Reduce inflammation and skin redness
TRY IT: No.3 Exotic Goddess Ageless Serum
Containing the standout Kakadu Plum, which is the world's highest natural source of vitamin C, along with Davidson Plum and Lilli Pilli, this serum is teeming with collagen enhancing actives along with skin plumping Hyaluronic Acid.
- Pure & Wildcrafted
Many of the native extracts used in our range are found growing in remote and untouched regions across Australia from Tasmania in the south, through the arid central desert, up to the Northern Territory and the Kimberley’s of Western Australia. We call these plants wildcrafted and the advantage of this is not only that the plants develop a super antioxidant compounds to survive, it is also the ultimate in pristine growing environments and take “organic” to a new level. Wildcrafted plants are:
- Truly chemical free: Wildcrafted plants are grown in nature without any human intervention and in their natural habitat. No commercial farming methods have been used in the cultivation of wildcrafted botanicals. As they grow in their natural protected and pristine environment they develop organically without the use of pesticides, chemicals or fertilisers.
- Environmentally friendly: Wild harvested plants are grown in environmentally friendly manner that doesn't affect their source or environment in which they naturally grow. Only the leaves, stems or flowers are normally extracted with the living plant left intact.
- Energetically superior: Nature produces wildcrafted plants in their ideal environment and under ideal natural conditions. This means the plants are able to develop their full medicinal potential. Growth in their natural habitat is also thought to enhance the energetic qualities of wildcrafted plants, activating their therapeutic potential.
TRY IT: & Snowflower Illuminating Face Oil
Snowflower is one of our favourite Australian botanicals due to its incredible anti-inflammatory properties. It has been shown to have have 50 times the antioxidant strength of vitamin E and 100 times that of Vitamin C, which means it is ultra-brightening, nourishing and collagen-boosting.
The native extracts used in Edible Beauty products are sourced sustainably and support local indigenous communities. We feel strongly about ensuring that our wildcrafted botanicals are sourced from Australian companies committed to corporate & social responsibility, positive environmental practices, undertaking initiatives to support the development of new primary industry markets & the empowerment of growers & indigenous communities.
TRY IT: & Desert Lime Flawless Micro-Exfoliant
Desert Lime is a glycoside rich Australian botanical known for its hydrating and collagen boosting actions. This exfoliant smooths the skin yet hydrates and brightens quickly and effectively and is gentle enough to use daily.
Experience the powerful skin benefits of Australian Natives throughout our entire range!
All Edible Beauty products contain Australian natives. Some of our favourites include Snowflower Seed, Desert Lime, Kakadu Plum, Lilli Pilli, Lemon Aspen, Wattleseed and Kakadu Plum. These ingredients raise the therapeutic profile of our range and mean that you do not have to wait for months to receive benefits from using our products. To find out more about our favourite natives and which products contain them, read our post here.
SHOP THE AUSTRALIAN BOTANICAL SKINCARE RANGE HERE
Leave a comment